Friday, October 22, 2010

It's fair to say we are not going on a journey with cancer

I love Don's attitude. He is so funny. The title of this blog is to reflect his attitude towards this adventure.
Just today Don was standing in kitchen, as we were talking about the what ifs .. he flexed his muscles and grunted like a marine and said

"I'm not afraid of cancer, I was made to fight it .. HOOAH!!!"

and I believed him.

When I was creating this blog I had to add an additional expression to hooah cause that term had already been used for a blog. I thought of several words things like victory or strength or success but Don said he wanted it to be 777.
I know that I love that number expression because it's something about God's favorite number, but I wasn't sure what it meant exactly so I looked it up.


The number seven has deep spiritual significance. It has been held sacred by the Hebrews ...
 It represents perfection and holiness.
It is used throughout the Scriptures and in this sense is the Almighty's Number.
We read of:
  • Samson's seven locks of consecration. (Judges 16:13-19)
  • The seven pillars of wisdom's house. (Proverbs 9:1)
  • The sevenfold sign of total commitment and dependence (2 Chron. 29: 20-21)
  • The seven lambs to attest the conclusion of a peace treaty. (Genesis 21:28-30)
  • The seven fold sprinkling of blood before cleansing was complete. (Lev:16:19)
  • The seven week count to Pentecost, the seven year count to the sabbatical year and the seven times seven year count to the Jubilee year. (Lev. 23:15, Lev.25:1-9)
  • The seven candlesticks, seven churches, seven stars, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven thunders, and seven plagues mentioned in the book of Revelation etc.


I was very encouraged because
our journey is not with cancer .. our journey is with the Lord God Most High.

No comments: